What you need to know about Elon Musk….
Musk had always been a creative thinker as a child he coded his own video games and was very resourceful in making money, after graduation from college he chose to continue with an entrepreneurship rather than wait for an internet company to recognize him.
Today he is the manager of numerous businesses and initiatives geared towards the creation of driver less cars, private space exploration, mars colonization, solar energy and artificial intelligence. Above all this, his executive roles, are with Tesla, Space X, Solar City, and Open AI. Below we have included more interesting facts about Musk.
- His parents thought he might be deaf – as a child he daydreamed a lot and often did so whilst his parents were talking to him. His mother told a biographer “now I just leave him when he’s daydreaming as I know he’s in probably designing a new rocket or something”
- He was violently bullied as a child – growing up in South Africa he was bullied by his classmates, and at 41 he has surgery to fix a deviated septum.
- He wrote and sold a video game in 1984 – It was called Blastar and Musk was only 12 years old received $500 for when it was published in the South African magazine PC and Office Technology.
- He paid his through college by partying – He threw house parties and charged a cover fee of $5 and always remained sober to keep the parties under control.
- He dropped out – He enrolled in graduate school at Stanford University to study physics. Then he realised that the internet had far greater potential and left to found Zip2 a company that now provides maps and directories to online newspapers.
- He’s a father of five – Musk has 5 sons with his ex-wife Justine Wilson, Twins Griffith and Xavier. Triplets Damian, Saxon and Kai.
- He’s the real life Tony Stark - Musk was the inspiration for the Robert Downey’s character Tony Stark, in the Iron Man.
- Eastside Co Collaborator